The Asmara main catholic cathedral was built in 1923 by the Cappucini Association is located at the center of Asmara on Liberation Avenue.
The Italian style cathedral has a large tower, 25 meters high at the top of which are 8 bells weighing 100 kilograms each. Much of the interior of the church is hand crafted, decorated with large Angles, paintings as well as 14 Stations of the Cross. The cathedral features three – prayer session per week, with mass held at 6:15 am, 7:00 am and 6:00 – 7:00 pm in Tigrinya language and Italian language. On Saturdays, mass is held at 6:00 pm in English and on Sundays final mass is held at 7:00 am in Tigrinya and 9:00 am in Italian.
Oasis Travel & Tour Agency. © 2012
All Copyright Materials in this website belong to the Ministry of Tourism - Eritrea
(The Website is compiled from Official Brochers distributed by the Ministry)
Designed & Hosted at Erisites